On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:19:19 -0800, someone going by the name of Clark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> stated:

It's an InfraRed remote control sensor. Several Macs had the option of a video input or TV/Video input board. The remote had Power, channel, volume and a few other buttons, IIRC.

Yep, that's what it is. I have a 6200CD myself, and I don't recall that it actually has the capability of being controlled by remote (no remote came with it). I think it was some of the other similar models (with the same case) that used it.

--
       Tim Bailey       |\/  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |\/  good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal