Definitely sounds like a power supply to me. Sometimes they just quit.

Chuck

On 12/23/05 2:16 AM, "Greg Shafritz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Dear Friends of the List,
>
> Weird!  Can anybody please help me with the following:
>
> I have a stock Workgroup Server 9150/120 with 256 MB RAM installed
> that mysteriously stopped working in a way that I have NEVER
> seen before!
>
> The machine was operating completely normally (with OS 7.6.1)
> and I merely needed to restart it after installing some new software.
>
> So I selected "Restart" from the Special menu...
> and the screen went blank, and the system went to reboot...
>
> .. but absolutely nothing happened after that!!!
>
> (NO startup chime, no image or blank raster on the screen,
> no Sad Mac or error code, no error tones... NOTHING!
>
> It's as if restarting the system KILLED IT!!!!
> Virtually NOTHING happens when I turn the power on...
> ..not even a startup chime.
>
> The fan spins...
> .. the power light comes on...
> .. the hard disk spins up to operating speed...
> .. and that's ALL it does... it stays like that indefinitely.
>
> Could it be that the power supply has gone bad?

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal