In a message Madcrowwrites:

<<
Hi. I'm Madcrow and I recently got my first Mac in quite some time, a
PowerMac 7100/80 with a video card and an unknown quanity of RAM. I'd like to
be able
use my Samsung SyncMaster 4NE with the computer, but the cable doesn't fit.
Is there a convereter that will let me use a normal VGA connection or do I have
to find an old school Apple Monitor somewhere?

Also, I'd love to get a bigger hard drive than the Standard 500MB affair that
was included. Will a generic SCSI HDD work or do I have to use an
Apple-branded/approved HDD? Ditto for the CD-ROM drive. >>

VGA adapter can be simple or complex.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/monitor_adapters/
 or
http://www.mcpb.com/html/macvid1.html

I'm sure there are other options as well there is a simple (no dip switches)
adapter that Belkin, Apple and probably others sell that may work and maybe
less expensive.

And yes a generic SCSI hard will work. You may need an adapter for the
internal 50 pin connection. And depending on what system you are running and
the
drive you want to install you may need a third party utility to format it.
Although Apple's Drive Setup in OS 8.6 or later can be hacked to format most
drives
that are not normally supported.

--glen (digest mode)

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal