> If I want to be able to use v9fs to mount a plan9 fileserver as a
> specific user, do I need to provide credentials via plan9port
> factotum?
>
> Drawterm takes an argument about which authentication server to talk
> to, but the directions I see for v9fs seem to only talk about USER
> environment variables, or mounting a factotum interface.

If you want to mount as a specific user, you can specify the
"uname" option of v9fs.

See the documentation:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/9p.txt

Example:

$ mount -t 9p -o tcp,trans=tcp,uname=djc 135.104.24.18 /n/sources

If you require authentication, you'll need to authenticate
with factotum.

Example:

$ factotum -n
$ srv -a -k user=djc sources.cs.bell-labs.com
$ mount -t 9p -o unix,trans=unix,uname=djc
$(namespace)/sources.cs.bell-labs.com /n/sources

--
David du Colombier