In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jack Campin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>> would allow people to go beyond the standard in a way in which other
>>> apps could ignore.  (Or pick up.)   The rule would simply have to be
>>> that if such elements are omitted, the remaining music has to obey
>>> the standard and make sense.
>> For this kind of in-line stuff, maybe you could use the established !!
>> notation: !appname:info!
>
>Far from being established, this is peculiar to abcm2ps

It's in the new standard 1.6

> and will
>completely screw up ABC2WIN (which uses ! as a line terminator).
>I think what it will do is generate an interpolated line with the
>contents of "appname:info" interpreted as ABC notes, insofar as
>the program can manage to do so.

Strikes me that it's abc2win which is up the gum tree for this one.

And I find very strange stuff in abc2win:

a) +..+ for chords
b) the writing of grace notes as 1/16th notes rather than 1/8th as below
c) doesn't allow change of metre/key in the middle

Here's the sample.abc which is enclosed with abc2win:

X:1
T:Sample ABC file
(F,G,A,B,)|CDEFGAB|cdefgab|c'd'e'f'g'|z8|
A>BA>c  c2>B2|
K:Amin
M:6/8
||1"G"~G3 BAG:|24ABcd +G2d2+|| (3{a}g{a}f{a}e (3gfe g|
 |{EFEDE} +EA+ +de++egb++dfb+|"Am"AB cd| ||
|| |~G3 G/4A/8B/2|ABA ABd|
veudud vgudud|"G"GAG "A"GAB|
|]1AG_E G2-D:|]2AGF ~+E3A3+ AA:|3A3Bc3A:|4adae z2|
L:1/16  (7cdefgab||

The 2 first lines are not drawn, and the {EFEFDE} are drawn as 1/16th
notes in spite of the {a} in the previous line being 8th notes.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland