On 16 Mar 2004, at 14:52, I. Oppenheim wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Phil Taylor wrote:

It's a pretty outrageous example.  I don't think that parsers should
have to deal with continuations in the middle of inline fields, let
alone an example with another (non-inline) field inserted in the
middle.

In ABC 2.0, continuations and ordinary comments will typically be dealt with by the scanner, before the parser even sees them.

Yes but this was the example:

X:1
T:some made up tune
M:4/4
K:Dminor
abcd|efga|[K:\
M:3/4
G]def|gab|

after dealing with the continued line you get this:

X:1
T:some made up tune
M:4/4
K:Dminor
abcd|efga|[K:M:3/4
G]def|gab|

Whether you choose to handle this in the parser or in a preprocessor, the result still aint legal abc.

Phil Taylor