My apologies if this shows up twice.  I sent it to the list yesterday,
and it hasn't shown up yet, so, on the off-chance that the original
has fallen into the electronic void...

I have the feeling that this is something that has been discussed
on-list before, but I can't find the earlier discussion(s), so...

I have a song that has both words that are sung and words that are
spoken.  As I see it, I have two options for doing the spoken words:

1)  Use notes with an "x" for the head rather than the standard dot head.
2)  Use rests and have the spoken words aligned with the rests.

To do option 1, do I have to do magic with Postscript commands to
change the note-head shape, or is there a simple way within ABC to use
the "x" heads?

For option 2, is there any way to align words with rests, or do they
have to align with notes?

Is there a third option that I am missing?

Many thanks.

Geoff Loker