On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:35:11AM +0000, Phil Taylor wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2004, at 02:16, Richard Robinson wrote:

> >>AFAIK only abcm2ps supports it at the moment.  I intend to support it
> >>in BarFly in due course.
> >
> >abc2mtex did something with it, didn't it ? But I forget the details.
>
> Did it really?  There's no mention of it in the docs, and I don't have a
> working copy at the moment to try it out.

>From usrguide.tex :-

"the character & is carried straight through to the TeX output and the
characters && produce a \enotes\notes pair. Thus the input
DEFG & ABcd && A4 & e2 c2| produces
[2 staves]
To explain this to those unfamiliar with MusicTeX, the DEFG are
put on the lowest stave. The & then tells MusicTeX to move up a
stave, where it puts the ABcd. The first notes of each group are
aligned. The && (or a bar line) moves the output back down to the
lowest stave and resets the alignment, so that in this case, the
A4 is on the lower stave, and is aligned with the e2 on the upper stave.
"

ah ... related, then, but not altogether similiar.

--
Richard Robinson