On 17 Nov 2004, at 10:51, Iain (Jethro) Anderson wrote:

> xemacs with abc-mode.el and then e.g. abcm2ps to produce printed output

The OP wanted graphical input. Not many abc programs will do that - offhand I can
only think of MUSE, which is very out of date and whose author is now sadly
deceased.

If you can get to grips with learning abc, then using a text editor plus various free
abc tools will do everything you want.

>> Or maybe someone can tell me how I go about buying Guitar Studio (whose author wants to be paid in Euros) from California?

You can pay for it in dollars ($40) using the online registration page:

<http://nmanel.free.fr/en_gs_commande.html>

Phil Taylor