Hi,
 Be sure to set "ALL" parameters for the nic cards correctly to match the
ports on the switches.
 Ensure that "ALL" 'no options' are set correctly for your environment.

Example:
 AIX 433_ML_08:
  100MB ethernet nic cards have the xmit/recieve buffer pools maxed out
  100MB ethernet nic cards have the speed/duplex set to match switch ports
  'no options' are set via an /etc/rc.{filename} & called via
/etc/inittab via:
  rctunenet:2:wait:/etc/rc.tunenet > /dev/console 2>&1 #Tune Network Parms
   example:
    /etc/rc.tunenet
     if [ -f /usr/sbin/no ]
     then
     thewall=$(/usr/sbin/no -o thewall | awk '{ print $3 }')
     if [ $thewall -lt 4096 ]
     then
     /usr/sbin/no -d thewall
     else
     print thewall is set to $thewall - left as is
     fi
     /usr/sbin/no -d thewall
     /usr/sbin/no -d sb_max
     /usr/sbin/no -o tcp_sendspace=$thewall
     /usr/sbin/no -o tcp_recvspace=$thewall
     /usr/sbin/no -o udp_sendspace=64000
     /usr/sbin/no -o udp_recvspace=64000
     /usr/sbin/no -o net_malloc_police=32768
     /usr/sbin/no -o tcp_mssdflt=1452
     /usr/sbin/no -o ipqmaxlen=150
     /usr/sbin/no -o rfc1323=1
     fi
     print "Network parameters tuned..."
 By allowing AIX_ML_08 to "figure out" the best settings for
thewall/sb_max, no -d thewall/sb_max, I do not have to go thru the issue
of calculating it anymore!!!
 Having gone thru the above scenario, my 100MB ethernet cloud performs
at, a minimum, 10MB/sec. A lot of the network traffic is logged at:
11MB/sec.
 We are now implementing a GIG ethernet network and I am looking forward
to working with it as well.

HTH.

Mr. Lindsey Thomson
BLDG:042/2F-065 IMA: 0422F065
11400 Burnet Rd.,  Austin, TX 78758
off) 512) 823 6522 / (TL) 793 6522

"I never waste memory on things that can easily be stored
 and retrieved from elsewhere."    - Albert Einstein
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" - Psalm 33:12
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all
 its pupils"    - Hector Berloiz