Ian,

Be courteous-- Ben asked specifically that any arguments about which things
are narrow-ai should start a separate topic.

Yea, I did not intend to rule out any possible sources of information for
the stock market prediction task. Ben has worked on a system which looked on
the web for chatter about specific companies, for example.

Even if it was just stock data being used, it wouldn't be just time-series
analysis. It would at least be planning as well. Really, though, it includes
acting with the behavior of potential adversaries in mind (like
game-playing).

Even if it *were* just time-series analysis, though, I think it would be a
decent AGI application. That is because I think AGI technology should be
good at time-series analysis! In my opinion, a good AGI learning algorithm
should be useful for such tasks.

So, yes, many of my examples could be attacked via narrow AI; but I think
they would be handled *better* by AGI. That's why they are low-hanging
fruit-- they are (hopefully) on the border.

--Abram