Bob, their are serious issues with such a suggestion.

The biggest issue, is that there is a good chance it wouldn't work because
diseases, including the common cold, have incubation times. So, you may not
have any symptoms at all, yet you can pass it on to other people.

And even if we did know who was sick, are you really going to stay home for
2 weeks every time you get sick? If I were an employer, I would rather have
you come to work when you feel up to it.

Another point I've given to germaphobes is that let's say you are successful
at avoiding as many possible germs as possible and avoid getting sick as
much as possible. That means that you are likely not immune to some common
colds and such that you should be. So, when you are old and less capable,
your immune system will not be able to fight off the infection and you will
die an early death.

Dave