From: Gregoire Dubois <gregoire.dub...@jrc.ec.europa.eu>
Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: Interpolating mining presence only data
To: ai-geostats@jrc.it
Date: Monday, December 13, 2010, 4:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions about how to map probabilities to find undetected mining sites
having only

-          A map of mining locations (presence only data)
-          A geological map
-          A DEM

I’m aware of the work on mapping bird species (e.g. Olivier & Wotherspoon,
2006) but I suppose the situation is different here given the supposed spatial
continuity in the mineral mined?

Many thanks for any hints.

Best regards

Gregoire
Grégoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

Joint Research Centre - European Commission
Global Environment Monitoring Unit
Monitoring Of Natural resources for DEvelopment  (MONDE)

Via Fermi 2749, TP 440,  I-21027 Ispra (VA), ITALY

http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/

Tel : +39 0332 786360
Fax : +39 0332-789960
Email: gregoire.dub...@jrc.ec.europa.eu

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission." (Disclaimer required under the terms and conditions of use of the
internet and electronic mail from Commission equipment)"