Dear all,

I was hoping for better with the new Alsa software, Linux kernel and
Ubuntu / mint upgrade, but I can't seem to get sound of my Toslink
connected SPDIF receiver.

My Dell XPS One 2710 had a digital optical output. It works with another
OS and the receiver works with another DTS output device.

I have tried several thinks with help from someone on IRC, but nothing
did the trick. Internal speakers do work, by the way!

I have enabled the SPDIF out in On ID: 0x1e with the Jack Retasking
tool, but it still outputs Not Connected.

In the Pulse Audio Volume control app, when I select "Digital Stereo
(IEC958) Output + Analog Stereo Input" with Configuration and "Digital
Output (S/PDIF)" on Output device, I do see the volume meters reacting
on the audio I'm playing, but nothing on the receiver. Those two options
appear after enablig ID 0x1e.

FYI :
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=556ae2bdae66341579831231ef2d90ca0d7c8e24

Anyone a nice suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

M.