Chris, a.o.

I have tried Ubuntu Studio and Fedora 24 Live CD. Both didn't find the
optical S/PDIF connection.

BTW: I think we had a misunderstanding, as I noticed the Jack tools on
Ubuntu Studio:

I've been trying settings with HDAJackRetask, which is another kind of
Jacks, i.e. to change hardware settings and connections of the sound
chip and connectors (not the virtual sound system)!

Best regards,
M.