On Mon, March 6, 2017 09:56, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Maurizio Dall'Acqua wrote:
>>>
>>> These look suspicious.  Did you at any time try the softvol plugin?
>>
>> No, I haven't tried softvol plugin.
>
> Then I guess the default configuration for your card already uses the
> softvol plugin.  This means that to keep the softvol functionality, you
> have to refer to the "default" device (which is not possible if you're
> redefining it), or insert it yourself:
>
> pcm.plugequal {
>     type equal
>     slave.pcm {
>         type softvol
>         slave.pcm "plug:dmix"
>         control {
>             name "PCM Playback Volume"
>             card 1                        # must be same card number
>         }
>     }
> }
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

First of all, thanks for your reply.
I have applied the suggestions given, but I have a partially working
volume control. That is to say, that the volume control works but without
equalizer control. My asoundrc now looks like this:

defaults.pcm.!card 1
defaults.pcm.!device 7
defaults.ctl.!card 1

 ctl.equal {
     type equal;
   }
   pcm.plugequal {
     type equal;
      slave.pcm {
        type softvol
        slave.pcm "plug:dmix"
        control.name "PCM Playback Volume"
        control.card 1
     }
   }
     pcm.equal {
     type plug;
     slave.pcm plugequal;
   }

With this configuration I can control the volume of my PC but without the
possibility of changing settings of the equalizer. It seems that I can
have either volume control or equalizer control. But I would like both of
them, of course. Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Maurizio