Hi,

  I am running an arm64 soc device with an Allwinner chip that is (for my
purposes) locked for the moment to kernel 3.10 .

>From a hardware perspective, the device is ideal for my use as a touchscreen
>audio player, spitting out bit-perfect strams over USB (snd_usb module).

Having said that, one of the goals of the device is to be able to pass through
streams natively, including DSD and DSD, especially native DSD to xmos chips
has undergone a lot of development since 3.10.

I attach my alsa-info output.

  Can anyone say whether there is any way to backport the relevant bits of the
alsa kernel tree to 3.10, to allow native DSD output over USB?

I understand that Native DSD currently only works to XMOS chips. I have ordered
an XMOS-based dac for testing and also have a C-Media CM6632-A device, which
I'd be interested to see if it were possible to get working with native DSD:
 idVendor           0x0d8c C-Media Electronics, Inc.
  idProduct          0x0062

 Many thanks in advance for any advice.

BR.
 --Marius--

P.S: I am not a coder by any stretch but would be happy to help compile and
test.