On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Paul Menzel <pmen...@molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear Paolo,
> On 04/13/17 15:57, Paolo Bolzoni wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:

>>> Yesterday I sent a message, which got moderated, because my attachment
>>> containing debugging information is too big.

>>> Could the limit please be increased to 500 KB or something similar?
>>> That’d be great.

>> While I do agree that 60Kb is quite restrictive, what about simply upload
>> the
>> debug information elsewhere and link them in the email?

> That would indeed be a workaround, with the following disadvantages in my
> opinion.
>
> 1.  Using “small” attachments, the sender normally doesn’t think of the
>     limitation, and therefore has to resend the message.
> 2.  The information is not in one place. Having external links is bad
>     for people reading messages offline.
> 3.  What upload service should be used, which everyone trusts or can
>     access?

Dear Menzel,

I have to underline I am not one of the mailing list administrators.
Mine was nothing more a suggestion for a workaround.

About point (3) however, there is an obvious solution. Sign both the
file and your email via PGP, if the file get tampered in any way it
will be detected.

Cheers,
Paolo