Anders Genell wrote:
> I am sure others have more clever solutions to offer, but you might try
> invoking the mmap emulation plugin by putting something like
> pcm.mmap0 {
>     type mmap_emul;
>     slave {
>       pcm "hw:0,0";
>     }
> }
>
> pcm.!default {
>   type plug;
>   slave {
>     pcm mmap0;
>   }
> }
>
> in you /etc/asound.conf file.
> It will likely add some latency, which is unfortunate when using a pro level
> card like the HDSPe MADI, but you might at least get sound out of it...
>
> Regards,
> Anders

Hi Anders,

thank you for your reply.

Very strange: With the /etc/asound.conf file with the content you proposed, the
RME card is not anymore available, even lspci doesn't list it anymore. So I
tend to think that something with the PCI(e) configuration space is not (yet)
working/configured correctly.

What's also interesting is that the onboard (on chip) sound device is only
working with your suggestion. Without it's not playing.

Cheers
Axel