Yes, most probably. I have contacted the developer and he reported that "...I went quickly through my emails and discovered, that one user was asking me about CM8888 based device. His problem was that he was getting a noise when he was using 'aplay' utility. With 'wtfplay' he was able to play audio correctly..."

However the tests with AMD v/s Intel have been made with the same linux arch image on a number of computers, nothing different. I am finding it difficult to find a reason!