Paul and list,

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Paul Menzel <pmen...@molgen.mpg.de> wrote:

> Dear ALSA users,
>

> Using a Fujitsu Desktop ESPRIMO P756 E85 with a Realtek ALC671, depending
> on the file with stereo sound, I need to pull the headphone jack a little
> out to hear both channels. But for others, I need to push it back in.
>
> [stuff deleted]
>
> Do you know if that is a hardware defect, or can some workaround be added
> to the Linux kernel?

Paul, this sounds like hardware to me.  I would try another set of
headphones or a different connecting cable.  I would try the same
headphones into the speaker output of the desktop and see what the
behaviour is.  I would try the speakers into the headphone output.  And
finally I would try a live USB stick or CD with a different distro /
different kernel.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.