Hello Clemens,

> Otherwise, you have to do the capture and playback in software.  See the
> alsaloop tool.  What latency you can reach depends on how much other
> applications and drivers interfere with the scheduling; on the Pi, typical
> culprits are WiFi, ethernet, or USB.
> Also see <https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi>.

Thanks, I'll look at alsaloop tool. For further info, I am using an I2S sound
card (http://www.audioinjector.net/rpi-hat) , and have setup an ALSA device to
route playback.pcm through a LADSPA plugin, so all DSP will reside in the
plugin, thus I only need to route ALSA input to output in the application 😊

Regards
/Robert