Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my delay.

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 06:47 +0000, Daimon Wang wrote:
> I've ever work with an rt5645 on a Z8350, never get sound output.
> Since you have sound on headphone, maybe u can try with different
> kernel version? 4.10 ~ 4.14.

I had a play with a few versions but in that series didn't have any
success. I noted that in the 4.15-rc series the rt5651 driver has been
overhauled, so built and tried that and found it was worse - no sound
at all! It turns out my machine needs one of the flags, MCLK_EN, to not
be set (I've read something which suggests that MCLK_EN is Baytrail-
specific and not something to be done on Cherrytrail). Once that has
been changed I do at least get headphones but still no speakers. I
tried the DMIC, IN1 and IN2 maps the new driver provides but no
microphone on any of them - although I don't know whether this is
because one of the many many mixer controls are set wrongly. I may have
another play with different combinations of recording mixer controls
and see what happens.

Either way, I'll submit a patch to add this machine to the quirk map so
that MCLK_EN is not set by default on this hardware - that way I at
least get to keep the headphone audio.

Many thanks,

Luke