--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "blakerandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just wondering if there is an easy way to convert Trade Station code
> into AFL language?

Not to be flip, but the easy way is to pay a programmer who knows both
EL and AFL to do it for you.

I suppose learning both yourself would qualify as the hard way <g>.
As an EL coding professional currently working to acquire facility in
AFL, that's the path I'm on myself.

There is no automated conversion tool that I know of, if that's what
you were hoping for.  I rather doubt there will ever be one.  There's
some conceptual differences at the heart of EL and AFL that make an
automated translator very unlikely, IMO.

Nevertheless, they are both domain-specific languages for trading
analysis and a human who knows both well would be able to translate
code between them in many (but not all) cases.  AFL does have some
features that would require full-blown programs in EL to replicate.