Hi Neil:

Thanks. You were right. In order to do this I had to make a custom log
format. Looks a little different with the cookie address in the user fields,
so. Is there a way to convert the info?

Works fine now.

Thanks, Kerstin

"Neil D. Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Ah, I think I understand what's happening now, Kerstin
>
> I think the 'default' logformat that Analog will used (by it reading the
> header in the file) will probably associate the user's IP field as 'Host'
> not 'User' - that will most likely be associated with the (blank)
> cs-username field. That is, you'll get a set of Host reports (which will
> probably show you what you're looking for), but there will be nothing for
> specific users per se.
>
> You could try experimenting with the logformat command, but there's only
> really one thing to try, and that's to associate the Analog Logformat
> 'user' field to the Cookie field in the file (I forget which it is, but
> it's in the docs). From the look of your logs, they don't actually appear
> to be using cookies, so that will probably be a dead loss too - but maybe
> your log line was truncated and there is some Cookie data to play with?
> That might give you a little more info about what your visitors are doing,
> but I fear the nearest you'll actually get is with the Host reports.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Regards
> Neil

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Hi Kerstin

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US;+rv:1.6)+Gecko/20040206+Fire

> > > Apart from the missing '2' on the front of that line, everything looks
> ok,
> > > but maybe is a slightly unusual column order. Regarding the missing 2,
> I'm
> > > assuming that's an edit problem - if not, it could well be the issue -
> > > Analog won't import a line without a datestamp, and each datestamp
must
> be
> > > 'readable' as a date. If that 2 is missing from the file, that's not
> gonna
> > > help.
> > >
> > > Re the column order - is there a bunch of lines in the file starting
> with
> > #
> > > and saying things like #Date 2004-07-07 and then #Fields date time
URL,