Ben Barker wrote:

I've been playing around with my analog setup and have noticed that in the general summary the
average can be misleading. For instance, when I analysed a day where all the hits were concentrated
into 0.31 of a day (according to the blurb at the top of the page), the average number of hits per day when
I told analog to analyse just that one date was not just the number of hits on that day, as you might expect, but the number of hits/0.31 - i.e the number
of hits divided by the time spread of those hits. This meant that while the number of hits was modest, the average was given as the actual number times (1/0.31) which was a massive number! Is there a way of making the average use rounded up days to solve this?

You can't change this (short of modifying the source code yourself). This is normal and expected behavior, I think. If you analize only on hour of your logs you would expect the average requests per day to be about 24 times the number in that hour. As your traffic to your site increases you will generally have hits spanning the entire day (unless you have a strictly controlled site or intranet), so this number will make more sense.

One option is to remove this line from the General Summary report using the GENSUMLINES command. See http://www.analog.cx/docs/output.html#GENSUMLINES for details.

-- Jeremy Wadsack Seven Simple Machines