From: analog-help-boun...@lists.meer.net
[mailto:analog-help-boun...@lists.meer.net] On Behalf Of Stephen Turner
Sent: 21 February 2009 17:17
To: Support for analog web log analyzer
Subject: Re: [analog-help] Problem with page counts

OK, there are lots of things here, but the first important thing to say is
that logfile analysis and page tagging will never match up.
They use fundamentally different techniques, and each makes errors that the
other is not susceptible to. For page views you would normally expect to see
the logfile analysis numbers lower, because page tagging will see the page
again if the visitor returns to it, but logfile analysis won't.

You do have too many corrupt lines. If you turn debugging on, you will see
all the corrupt lines, and where in the line they were corrupt.

It looks like you have about 100,000 of these strange ".s=tl" lines, right?
Page tagging may be including them as pages, depending what they really are
and whether they are tagged, so it may be worth tracking them down in the
logfiles.

Sorry, no great insights, but at least that might give you some avenues to
look down.

--
Stephen Turner