Well I've cure one issue but found another...

By placing my LOGFORMAT ahead of the LOGFILE directive I've produced a
report, but the issues I have are:

1. This odd multi-host combined logfile with it would seem multiple domains
owned by a single 1and1 account in the one logfile, and

2. The search engine queries are lost and <errors.txt> reports:

analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Query Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Word Report

But...I can find the various Google and other referrals with queries so
don't yet understand why the search word reports are empty and so switched
off.

So if anyone has experience of 1and1 logfile format I'd be very grateful :-)

Many thanks.../Iain