Troy Simpson <tdsimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FILEINCLUDE /*?*035E592F-FA2A-267B-5AF64F16D156031F

> REQINCLUDE /*  # This line was important.  But I am not sure why.  The
> Request Report would return 0 request with out this line.

Do you have  REQINCLUDE pages  anywhere in your config file? None of the
entries captured by your FILEINCLUDE would be recognized as pages by default,
so they wouldn't show up if you were only including Pages in the Request report.

As I suggested yesterday, adding
  DIRSUFFIX index.cfm
  PAGEINCLUDE *.cfm
should address this issue, as the .cfm files would be recognized as pages.

> # The following lines are a sample of thelines included via a
> CONFIGFILE directive (232 lines in all).
> REQALIAS REGEXPI:035E592F-FA2A-267B-5AF64F16D156031F "[Page Title
> Here]"

> I appreciate if someone could help me understand these directives
> better and how analog process them.  I have read the documentation a
> number of time, but I'm still missing some things.

Spend less time reading the documentation, and more time running Analog with
simple test files, and seeing how changes you make to the configuration change
the output. It's really the quickest way to understand what's happening - you
can make a change and run Analog in 10 seconds, rather than waiting a couple of
hours for an response from the list.

REQALIAS is an "output alias" - it simply changes what is displayed in the
Request report. The change only occurs in the output, the actual data itself
isn't modified. That means that if you REQALIAS two different lines to the same
thing, you still have 2 entries in the Request Report, whereas if you FILEALIAS
the same lines to the same thing, you only get one line in the Request Report,
and the number of requests is the combined number of requests for both lines.

Because your website uses "non-human readable" URLs for it's pages, REQALIAS is
a good idea, because you can modify the actual information displayed in the
Request report to reflect the real page displayed. so you might have

REQALIAS 035E592F-FA2A-267B-5AF64F16D156031F "Green Widgets"
REQALIAS 03DA02E6-FF9C-FE0B-37856AF28E60357A "Blue Widgets"
REQALIAS 03DA0008-F3ED-1110-1AB00948167C27F2 "Shopping Cart"
REQALIAS 03D9FE43-BCE3-8680-163785D70C2B83FF "Privacy Notice"

(Note that the REGEXPI isn't necessary - you haven't specified a Regular
expression). Your Request Report would then show the number of requests for
Blue Widgets, the Shopping Cart, etc, and, if you used the PAGEINCLUDE comamnd
above, the entries should be clickable (you might need to specify the BASEURL
too).

Aengus