When scrolling in a TextView it has an annoying effect that dims the
background while scrolling (touch scrolling). This makes the text very
hard to read and difficult for the user to know when to stop
scrolling. See RoboTop application in the market to see what I mean.

I'm not sure what is causing the dimming effect or how to disable it.
Any thoughts? (One guess is that it may have something to do with text
selection for cut and paste).

Note that wrapping a TextView in a ScrollView (and disabling the
scrolling on the TextView and enabling it on the ScrollView) scrolls
nicely without dimming. However, ScrollView can only scroll vertically
and I need to scroll both horizontally and vertically (which TextView
can do when enabled).

More details:

TextView is in a LinearLayout like so:
        <TextView android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:id="@+id/text"
                android:scrollbars="vertical" android:scrollHorizontally="true"
                android:textSize="10sp" android:typeface="monospace"
                android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1"></
TextView>

Scrolling of TextView is enabled in OnCreate() like so:
       _Text = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.text);
        _Text.setMovementMethod(ScrollingMovementMethod.getInstance
());

Full source is available at http://www.kfold.com/m/RoboTop-beta1.zip