That's kind of an unexpected workflow. The idea is that either you go
the full way in Eclipse or you use Ant/DDMS. Trying to combine both is
a recipe for confusion :-)

What you can try:
- use Ant to compile
- use the ant "install" or "reinstall" target to push the apk
- launch app manually
- you can still debug by manually selecting the app in Eclipse > DDMS
perspective and applying the "debug" icon on it.
- make sure you have automatic build disabled in Eclipse

If you don't want to launch the app manually you can make an ant
target by using the "adb shell am start" launch command.
It goes something like this (from memory):
 $ adb shell am start -D com.blah.myapp/com.blah.myapp.MyMainActivity
(run am without args to see the help)

HTH
R/