No, I'm not sure how to add NTFS to the kernel.  If the 2GB
limitations apply to the Linux kernel or bionic libraries, would NTFS
even help?  I'd prefer to add 4GB capabilities to FAT32 if possible.

As far as the FAT32 2GB limits, I see _FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64 in some
files (http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Opening-
Streams.html#index-fopen64-931).  I wrote test programs for low-level
file access in Java and C and I can open large files there.  However,
seeks fail beyond the 2GB limit, probably because the offset variable
(off_t) is a 4-byte long.

Has anyone heard if this will be fixed in Android 3.0?