>> this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/NMQs

Another week has zipped by! Here's what the Apache Community has been up to:

ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's Bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at
http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's
infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield positive performance at 99.84% uptime
http://status.apache.org/

ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP and registration open for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville
http://apachecon.com/

Apache DeltaSpike™ –a suite of portable CDI (Contexts & Dependency Injection)
extensions intended to make application development easier when working with
CDI and Java EE.
- Apache DeltaSpike 1.7.1 https://deltaspike.apache.org/download.html

Apache Eagle (incubating) –a monitoring framework to analyze Big Data platforms
for security and performance.
- Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating released
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/incubator/eagle/apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating

Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.2.2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.2.2

Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application
framework that powers thousands of web applications and Web sites for
governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
- Apache Wicket 6.24.0 released
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.24.0
- Apache Wicket 7.4.0 released
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.4.0

Did You Know?

- Did you know that Bloomberg uses Apache Phoenix's rich set of capabilities
above Apache HBase as a critical piece of their data platform?
http://phoenix.apache.org/ and http://hbase.apache.org/

- Did you know that LinkedIn uses Apache Kafka to process more than a trillion
messages per day? http://kafka.apache.org/

- Did you know that we're always looking for great ways to highlight Apache
projects in our "Did You Know" campaigns? Send your success stories to
<pr...@apache.org>!

Apache Community Notices:

- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities
https://helpwanted.apache.org/

- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
http://apache.org/events/meetups.html

- Atlanta Hadoop Users Group present Cutting edge with HBASE on 17 August 2016
http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230344766/

- CFP is open for the next Cassandra Summit 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose
https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/

- CloudStack Collaboration Conference Brasil will take place 29-30 September
2016 in Sao Paolo http://cloudstack.usp.br/en/index.php

- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain
http://apachecon.com/

- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX

- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered
By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby

- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from
http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear and http://s.apache.org/landsend--all
proceeds benefit the ASF!

= = =

For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader
spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides
an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of
select ASF Committers.

# # #

NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
announce@apache.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the
recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.