The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of version
1.0.0-RC2 of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache Directory LDAP API is an ongoing effort to provide an
enhancedLDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API
(jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targeting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also OSGi capable.
This is the second round of bug fixes before a 1.0.0-GA. Some of those
bugs are critical and everyone
is invited to migrate to this version. The most important change is
the migration to MINA 2.0.16, which fixes a critical SSL issue.

Here is the list of fixed issues and added features :

*Bugs :*

  - DIRAPI-285 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-285>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-285> -
    ModifyPassword extended operation incorrectly expects value in
    ModifyResponse
  - DIRAPI-284 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-284>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-284> -
    DateUtils throws an exception for certain timestamps
  - DIRAPI-279 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-279>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-279> -
    We are using hashcode over a set in some tests, this is not
    reliable
  - DIRAPI-154 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-154>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-154> -
    Implement "online" OpenLDAP schema parsing in DefaultSchemaLoader

*Improvements :*

  - DIRAPI-283 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-283>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-283> -
    We don't need to parse the DN when storing a name in the LDAP
    requests
  - DIRAPI-207 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-207>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-207> -
    Expose the underlying socket config