[ This is a re-send from the general AOLSERVER list.  If you receive
this twice, I apologize. ]

Hi,

Months ago, we experimented with the idea of an "AOLserver Core Team"
similar to Tcl's core team practice.  I'd say that for whatever reason,
the experiment ended as failure as the team is defunct.

I'd like to suggest an alternate organizational style: a steering
committee.  To avoid the overhead of holding elections, remembering to
hold them, any re-votes or run-offs, etc., I suggest that seats on the
steering committee be assigned by the project leader (hey!).

I don't particularly care about the make-up of the committee (percentage
of AOL seats vs. non-AOL seats), it's not so much a voting committee as
just a voicing of desires from especially interested parties.

In a sense, the constituency of this mailing list is already an informal
steering committee, but because of that very nature, there's not much
insight into what the actual direction of the project is at any given
time.

Perhaps anyone who thinks this is a good idea and would like to
participate in the committee, please reply to this email.  In your
response, send a statement in the form of:

    As a member of the steering committee representing (insert
    Company/Organization/Individual's name here), I think the project's
    efforts should be focused on: (list a maximum of up to 3 items).

I will collect all the responses and use it as a basis for the 2005/2006
project roadmap.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]