On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 05:20:48PM +0200, Maurizio Martignano wrote:
> Subject: Re: Naviserver hangs on Windows

> The Windows-OpenACS distribution which I make available here
> (http://www.spazioit.com/pages_en/sol_inf_en/windows-openacs_en/) is based
> on AOLServer 4.5.2, contains the sources, is compiled with Visual Studio
> 2013 and runs on Windows 64.

Indeed, the first thing I noticed is that Maurizio's Windows build
seems to use nsconfig.tcl in place of the Unix configure/autoconf,
which Jim Davidson added back in 2005.

Naviserver folks, can you comment on what you think of that approach?
Does Naviserver not include it solely because it wasn't included in
the AOLserver 4.0.10 branch that Naviserver forked from?

https://bitbucket.org/aolserver/aolserver/src/2aa0f24395ae0a42fd590f3635e4fdf2c7eefdfd/nsconfig.tcl?at=default

andy@milo:/home/nobackup/co/nsd-aol/aolserver-head-hg$ hg log nsconfig.tcl
configure.tcl
changeset:   1370:76895d8bf843
user:        Jim Davidson <jgdavid...@aol.com>
date:        Thu Aug 18 21:48:21 2005 +0100
summary:     Renamed configure script configure.tcl

changeset:   1367:9c88ea73dcad
user:        Jim Davidson <jgdavid...@aol.com>
date:        Wed Aug 17 23:55:57 2005 +0100
summary:     Updates to new build tools to support Unix

changeset:   1360:697679717350
user:        Jim Davidson <jgdavid...@aol.com>
date:        Wed Aug 17 22:18:46 2005 +0100
summary:     New platform-indepedent build support

--
Andrew Piskorski <a...@piskorski.com>