Thanks for the reply.  I am perhaps confused with all of this.  It seems
that if I use the scheduling proc, I can start a thread that runs
perpetually and does nothing.  Then, I can use tclthread API to transfer
control into this and issue some proc that would perform mutex and serve
the file to the current ns_conn details and quit.  Am I thinking this right
or am I being stupid? :-)