I had problems starting at the exact same time but on Solaris, where they manifested as a EINVAL return from pthread_cond_tomedwait. After a day of tracing the problem with debug builds and working with my sysadmin to track what changed (of course, nothing had) I cam to the same 1 billion second issue.

Which coincidentally is the expiry time (MaxOpen and MaxIdle) set on my database connections. My system is ACS-derived, so I wouldn't be surprised if these database settings are common in other ACS-derived systems.

The only bug is that Ns_CondTimedWait doesn't do any wraparound on the time parameter. All the same, I've been enjoying telling people that I hit my first y2038 bug.

-J