Check the full path of one of your adp includes that fails with the permissions
error and ensure that the owner has read permissions on the file, and that
owner has execute perms on all directories in its path. Ownership of a file
gives ability to change perms on it, but you can still change the perms so that
the file is unreadable by the owning uid.

/s.