Don Baccus wrote:
On Jun 6, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Jeff Rogers wrote:

I get down into these filters trying to figure out why my OpenACS
installation returned error pages for bad urls instead of the

Yes, this has been a known problem and known to be due to the fact
that filter's not being run.

So you're saying I could have just asked? :)

Well my question for now is, if this was fixed/changed in a way like I've suggested, how long would it be before OpenACS could take advantage of the change? I'm guessing it would need to be at least 2 releases before server requirements could be changed, but that estimate is based on policies I've seen elsewhere, not OpenACS specifically.

Are there other aolserver bugs/inadequacies that openacs works around that could be improved? I know that back in the day ArsDigita contributes a number of patches to aolserver (or may have just distributed patches separately; I know that I had a server running 3.1+ad12 at one point). After all, aolserver is a fairly small ecosystem and I believe OpenACS represents a significant part of that, so it makes sense to have some cross-pollination (by which I don't mean adding OpenACS-specific functionality to aolserver, but rather adding/improving general functionality that OpenACS would benefit from).

-J