A thought for an alternate way to handle this - if the content-length is too large, the just don't read the content, but set an error flag on the conn. That way, an adventurous system could return a custom error page, or even handle reading the content through custom code. I think this could also allow handling of uploaded files larger than 2G as someone else was having.

The default handling by returning a 413 error could be implemented as a pre-queue filter, which would still handle the error without needing a conn thread.

If anyone's messing around in there, this might be a good time to also think about how to handle http/1.1's 'Expect: 100-continue', which should be most beneficial for large entity bodies anyway.

-J

Dossy Shiobara wrote:
Yes, on E_CRANGE, the driver thread should return HTTP 413 Request too
large, IMHO. And, we should be able to configure a custom response for
status code 413 ...

Patches welcome ;)