Well, I reached an impasse. I grabbed the latest source from CVS, added
support for the 2 datatypes (NCHAR, NVARCHAR2), and recompiled. Then, I
turned on debugging for the driver.

The logs look great. The driver constructs the queries appropriately:

e.g. [18/Jul/2011:14:17:30][10744.1099659584][-default:1-] Notice:
nsoracle.c:3169:Ns_OracleExec: entry (dbh 0xd8392b0, sql insert into
test_zhs (foo, bar) values (N'男孩儿 儿男孩 Yo', N'男孩儿 儿男孩
Yo'))

But the data somehow gets mangled in oracle. And that same insert statement
works perfectly well in sqlplus:

insert into test_zhs (foo, bar) values (N'男孩儿 儿男孩 Yo', N'男孩儿
儿男孩
Yo');
(and i've tried it a million ways (e.g. without the leading 'N'')).

When viewed from sqplus, the sqplus added data looks fine, while the stuff
that comes in through the driver is mangled.

Dunno.