From: "Janine Ohmer" <jan...@furfly.net>
To: "AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM" <AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Subject: [AOLSERVER] chinese characters and oracle driver
Date: Mon, Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Make sure that any vars set in your shell environment that relate to this are
also set in your nsd wrapper script.  I wish I knew for sure if that is enough
for them to be effective, but I don't.  I vaguely recall that the C API the
driver uses is called Pro-C on the Oracle side - you might want to see if you
can find some docs on that for your Oracle version and see if they can shed any
light on this.  Maybe you have to do something in the driver to make sure your
language settings are acted upon.

janine

On Jul 18, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Brad Chick wrote:

> Well, I reached an impasse. I grabbed the latest source from CVS, added
> support for the 2 datatypes (NCHAR, NVARCHAR2), and recompiled. Then, I
> turned on debugging for the driver.
>
> The logs look great. The driver constructs the queries appropriately:
>
> e.g. [18/Jul/2011:14:17:30][10744.1099659584][-default:1-] Notice:
> nsoracle.c:3169:Ns_OracleExec: entry (dbh 0xd8392b0, sql insert into
> test_zhs (foo, bar) values (N'男孩儿 儿男孩 Yo', N'男孩儿 儿男孩 Yo'))
>
> But the data somehow gets mangled in oracle. And that same insert statement
> works perfectly well in sqlplus:
>
> insert into test_zhs (foo, bar) values (N'男孩儿 儿男孩 Yo', N'男孩儿 儿男孩
> Yo');
> (and i've tried it a million ways (e.g. without the leading 'N'')).
>
> When viewed from sqplus, the sqplus added data looks fine, while the stuff
> that comes in through the driver is mangled.
>
> Dunno.

> To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to
> <lists...@listserv.aol.com> with the
> body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject:
> field of your email blank.

---
Janine Ohmer (formerly Sisk)
President/CEO of furfly, LLC