On Aug 4, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Maurizio Martignano wrote:

> If you wanted to develop only for Unix why did you use SOCKET in some
> occasions and int in some others?

Damnit, that was never the point.

You said that you thought that the code was incorrect for Unix, as well, a bug
lurking that just hadn't caught anyone yet.

That's flat out wrong.  That declaration is standard Unix, and as I tried to
point out previously, the mistake was probably made by someone who wasn't aware
that it's not portable to all versions of Windows.

End of story.  That's all I said.  All this other stuff you're ranting about is
totally unrelated to my point.

As Rusty said, you're being a dick.

I don't bother trying to help dicks.  So I'll no longer try to help you.

----
Don Baccus
http://donb.photo.net
http://birdnotes.net