Hi all,

I'm implementing a minor enhancement to the adp parser to make null end tags (aka empty elements or minimized tags) work. Or more simply, if you have a registered adp tag where the end tag matches the opening tag, then rather than
<mytag name="value"></mytag>
you can simply write
<mytag name="value" />
to create the tag with empty contents.

What my code does is to check that the element ends with a '/', the endtag begins with a '/', and the endtag matches the beginning tag, and if all that holds, then parse it as a complete tag pair with blank contents.

Two minor caveats: there must be something in between the tag and the closing />, i.e., "<mytag/>" will not work. And to keep the attributes clean, a trailing '/' in *any* attribute string (including those without an endstring) will be dropped. (So the attribute set will no longer contain /="/")

This does not make it into an xml parser, but merely allows a common xml-ish construct to work.

Two questions:
1.  Is the a good idea / does anyone object?
2.  Have I forgotten anything?

Cheers,
-J

PS: in case you doubted that macros in C suck, remember that
#define STREQ(a,b)     (((*a) == (*b)) && (strcmp((a),(b)) == 0))
is NOT the same as
#define STREQ(a,b)     ((*(a) == *(b)) && (strcmp((a),(b)) == 0))