From: AOLserver Discussion [mailto:AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM] On Behalf Of
Jim Davidson
Sent: 05 August 2011 18:05
To: AOLSERVER@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] Progress in Aolserver

Yup -- seems like it's worth keeping the Win32/Win64 port going.  It does
muck up the code a bit with ifdef's and there are a few weirdnesses with
Windows to work around but I suppose enough effort has been done in the past
(if not recently) that it wouldn't be too tough to maintain.

-Jim

On Aug 3, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Maurizio Martignano wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Once again I'll take ]project-open[ as example.
>
> Please look in here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-open/files/project-open/V3.5/
>
> How big is the Windows Installer (which installs on both Windows 64
> and Windows 32 systems)?
>
> How big is the VMware Image?
>
> Well in some companies/organizations  (believe it or not) Linux is not
> an accepted platform. Even a VMware appliance with Linux on it won't
> be accepted because to maintain it the company is obliged to acquire
> personnel knowledgeable on the system.
> So if you want to spread the users base of your OpenACS/Aolserver
> based application, having it running also on Windows may be very helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> Maurizio

Windows platform.