From: apple-crop [mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.com] On Behalf Of
lee elliott
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:45 AM
To: apple-crop@virtualorchard.com
Subject: [Apple-Crop] DNA testing,

A Lab that does plant dna testing tells me  that they have never established a
base of existing cultivars and would need to do this first before testing and
comparing them to our new varieties to prove to the patent office the new
varietis are unique, This ups the price to about $30,000, has any known  lab
allready done this where the price would be much lower.?  We have signed
contracts with Stark Bros to introduce 9 new Honey crisp crosses, are preparing
the patent apps now, would be great to include a dna profile to prove
uniqueness and protect our new cultivars Lee Elliott, Upstart Nursery