I agree with Jon and David Doud. A dry year with no crop will knock down the
initial inoculum this coming year, decreasing brown rot pressure at the start
of the season relative to most years. But it doesn’t take long for the brown
rot fungus to build up again, and with a few old twig cankers active in a block
during a relatively wet bloom period, I’d expect plenty of infections without
fungicide sprays. It should be some easier to control BR this year, but I’d
approach it as you would any season.

Dan