Art

I agree that it's great to be out pruning. I disagree that you should
expect a longer productive life with high density systems. My goal here is
to be looking at replanting when the orchard reaches twenty years or so.
New varieties, strains of varieties and improved planting system encourage
5% renewal in my opinion.

My best to you
Mo Tougas

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 1:27 PM, George Greene <cortla...@icloud.com> wrote:

> Art:
>
> Your comment makes sense to me.  Right now I have a cold and I fell on the
> ice on Dec. 29th and I am still suffering.  Pt may help but it may take a
> while.
>
> I suppose that you are enjoying the warmer weather.
>
> Be well, George
>
> On Jan 30, 2017, at 12:43 PM, kellyorchards <kellyorcha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ruminations after a morning pruning.  The weather is ideal.  The temps are
> in the high 20's, the wind is light and the sun is shining.  Weather like
> this is why we live here.  Permanent limbs ultimately and inevitably get
> too large.  This is why high density systems can have a longer productive
> life than less dense orchards.
>

> Art Kelly
> Kelly Orchards
> Acton, Maine