Hello all, need some healthy practical advice on sprayer calibration. Specifically air blast sprayers. For decades we have measured a block of trees to determine acreage, sprayed out tank and determined gallons per acre based on what area was covered in tank. For example trees planted at 8 x 18 spacing gave us 300 trees to acre, we sprayed out tank, counted trees and determined that our sprayer puts out 2.5 acres per tank. we used this to determine amount of material to put in the tank etc. All the calibration formulas , I have seen require tree row volume(height x row spacing) to be part of equation. I have 4-5 different spacings in 100 acres of orchard which makes it more of a headache to constantly figure gallons per acre and spray materials needed in each different block(thus the reason we simply measured trees per acre). I know my speed , i know my gallons per minute but can't find an equation that converts this to gallons per acre without tree row volume.

need a simple but effective solution...any takers?

in Virginia we have plums in full bloom, fantasia and red gold nectarines in pink and some open blooms, 21 degrees forecasted on friday and saturday night.

God Bless,

John Bruguiere

Dickie Bros. Orchard